Saturday, January 11, 2014

IF MONEY WERE NOT AN ISSUE, WHAT CAR WOULD YOU BUY ???

Think about it, but don't think too hard. I made the mistake of putting too much thought into it. This should be your ultimate dream car......the sky's the limit.
 
I must say, for over thinking this, it ended up to be an easy assignment for me. OK, for full disclosure, I'm a Bow-Tie guy through and through.

My biggest problem is I'm buying, (pretend to be buying,) a brand new car strait from a Chevrolet dealership, yet I cannot drive this car off the dealers lot. I was one of 69 lucky people who were able to buy one of these cars this model year.

This car is different than any of the 40+ cars I've owned since I was sixteen. This dream car does not even has a VIN# nor can it be titled in any of the 50 states. My die-hard Chevy readers know where I'm going with this .

They know when I'm done processing my order at a Chevy dealership authorized to sell one of these units, the dealer will forward the Central Office Production Order to Chevrolet Headquarters.

My dream car a COPO (Central Office Production Order) Camaro. A factory built to order drag strip race car, absolutely not designed to be used for street use.

Chevrolet started this endeavor back in 1969, but back then it was on a need to know basis. Unless you were involved in drag racing on a serious level, you had no way to know this program existed.

It's a different story today. Chevy took a prototype to the 2011 SEMA Show, and they built 69 of them in 2012 & 69 units in 2013. This was to keep tradition to the original COPO's built in 1969.

The new generation COPO's share some of the DNA from the ZL1, LS3, & 1LE. You can ever order a LSA supercharger if you so desire.

Well, there you have it, my dream car, what's yours ? You're welcome to share in the comment section.





No comments:

Post a Comment