Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The 1960's, Muscle cars and a kid that grew up in that era of great cars.

From the time I was a kid growing up in the 1960's, (I was born in 1959,) I always had a true passion for cars. Muscle cars, antique cars, classic cars, everyday family cars, if it had four wheels & tires, I was interested in it.

I would sit on the front porch and spend hours watching the rolling pieces of history go by. The only thing that could have topped watching these machines go by, would be able to drive one !

Sadly I was too young to drive, so watching and studying these cars was the only option I had. I spent countless hours learning what I could about the different automobile manufactures, by the time I was ten years old, I could tell you the make, model & year of just about every car that drove up & down the street I lived on.

Little did I know at the time, I was growing up in one of the greatest times in automotive history. Maybe not the best, but the '60's brought us Muscle cars, and that made it a decade of fun for people who could own one of these pieces of Detroit iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment