Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Your Ride: 1967 Ford Mustang Blue Boss Custom

@ YAHOO AUTOS

Boldride
                    
       
Like many of our readers, Hugo is a big time fan of all things Mustang. When he picked up this 1967 Ford Mustang off of Craigslist, he knew it would be right at home next to his already existing 65, 67, and 68. After years of restoration, the one-of-a-kind “Blue Boss” was born.

Here’s the full story:

Mustang Blue Boss

How did you acquire your ride?
I found this car on Craigslist. I had been checking Craigslist and Ebay for a 1967 original body Mustang. I finally found someone selling it in another city and I immediately contacted the seller. That same day I made the drive (about 5 hours) to buy the car.
What drew you to it when you bought it?
 
I had already completed several restoration projects, including a 1965 Mustang, 1967 “Eleanor“, and 1968 “Eleanor.” I had always used original bodies when I did my projects. THIS time I wanted to go a different route and do a modified/custom ride.

Mustang Blue Boss 3

Does it have a name?
 
BLUE BOSS

What do you feel like when you drive it?
Awesome! This car has a lot of power and it just makes me feel excited to drive it. This car gets a lot of attention on the road.

 Other cars take pictures when I am driving or if I am parked in a parking lot several people will approach my car to take pictures and ask me questions about it.

Mustang Blue Boss 6

What you would change about your car, if anything?
 
If I could change anything I guess it would be smaller wheels in the front and an air ride suspension so the car could sit a little lower.

Mustang Blue Boss Custom 4

What have you done to make it a bolder ride?
I installed a 427 cubic inch supercharged engine, rated at 1,000 hp. Installed 20×15 rear wheels. The whole car has been modified, with top of the line components and products.

Custom interior wrapped in native American bison leather (includes floors, headliner, custom panels, dash pad, seats, roll bar, trunk). We made custom floor mats with bison button attachments. We took the time to custom make the door arm rests and we also covered the doors in leather to have a unique look in a 67 Mustang.

Custom seats with laser engraved “Muscle Car Builder” logo. In dash iPad sound system. LED all through the car (inside and out), including markers at mirrors, new sequential style lights.

 Custom candy blue paint. Blue Boss logo on the side of the car and aluminum radiator cover with embossed name. Custom positive differential. Custom electric exhaust system exiting at 4 different points. Dual LeMans gas caps. Electric Windows.
 
Dream accessory for it and why?
(1) Airbag suspension system – to be able to control the ride’s height to show off at car shows. (2) A pair of GoPro cameras – so that I can attach it to the car and film the performance of the car while I drive.
 
Mustang Blue Boss Custom 5


No comments:

Post a Comment