Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Your Ride: 1960 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster

 

@ BOLD RIDE                          

1960 Corvette 3

When one of our readers, Bob, decided to take his wife Mary Ellen on a special Valentine’s day trip to the Pacific Northwest, little did Mary Ellen know, it would be a trip she wouldn’t soon forget. Read their full story:

How did you acquire your ride?

I want you to meet our Gracie B. My Husband Bob surprised me with her for Valentines Day. He told me to pack an overnight bag for our Valentines date, I was intrigued.

 We drove to the airport and as soon we were in the air on our way to the Pacific Northwest. A nice guy picked us up and took us to see Gracie B.

It was pouring outside which it does in Renton, Washington. They opened a garage door and there she was. Best valentines gift ever! Bob bought my car on Ebay and we were going to drive her back home to California.

 They begged us to ship her saying she hasn’t been in the rain for 20 years. Sat in an old barn and came out to drive the homecoming queen around the football stadium. Nope we were going to see how she did on the road.

1960 Corvette 2

Well the ragtop leaked at the windshield and we were soaked in ten minutes. Bob got some free newspapers at the minimart and put them on top of the windshield and clamped the top down tight. Problem solved.

She had on old nylon tires and kinda drifted where she pleased. You have to drive these cars and we sure paid attention. I had told Bob if he ever wanted to get me a classic he could get me a 1960 Corvette because it had the most chrome of any classic corvette. I loved the Horizon blue and white best of all.

Does it have a name?

She is named after my parents, Ethel Grace and Bob. My dad loved classics and I sure wish he could have lived to get in gracieB and take a bold ride.

What do you feel like when you drive it?

I feel like Queen of the road when we take her out for a drive.

What would you change about your car, if anything?

Youngsters always want to know what kind of car she is. I wouldn’t change one thing about her, she is a stock car and why mess with perfection.

1960 Corvette

Dream accessory for it and why?

We bought a hard top for her and that was my dream accessory.  So I’m good.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment