Monday, October 13, 2014

Gorgeous Rat Rod Gives Us V8 Envy: Your Ride

YAHOO AUTOS

 
Boldride
 
                    
 
 
 
          

Rat Rod Truck 5

Building your own custom rat rod is nothing more than a romantic notion for the most of us. But for Dave, his hand-built creation is his pride and joy. When you’ve got an old truck frame, a big block V8, and enough perseverance, you can pretty much do whatever you want, as Dave proves here.

Read our full interview below:



Rat Rod Truck

How did you acquire your ride?
I found my truck with no motor or trans and roughed out the metal work at a friends place.

What drew you in when you bought it?
I always wanted to build a hot rod rat truck and found this to be a fine specimen.

Does it have a name?
I call it freaky.



Rat Rod Truck 4

 What do you feel like when you drive it?
It really gives me an adrenaline rush when I go into boost. Haven’t dynoed it yet, but it has tons of power.

What would you change about your car, if anything?
I want to build long ladder bars for it this winter.

What have you done to make it a bolder ride?
To make it a bolder ride I spent a lot of time on custom metal work to make it look really mean.




Rat Rod Truck 3

Dream accessory for it and why?
I want to get a methanol injection kit for it this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment